I have nearly 50,000 hours of teaching adults on best practices in early childhood education.
All of this experience has lead to a clear mission: I believe in the value and power of early care and education. Children thrive when teachers are both accountable and creative. Likewise, I believe in the value and power of teachers. When truly supported, they are able to work at their highest capacity…to work from a place of compassion, hope, and love.
I approach professional learning in a way that encourages the learner’s mind, body, and heart, all with a touch of good humor, levity, and fun. Most importantly, I put the learner in the driver’s seat, not the content.
My method of working with and teaching adult learners stems from the power of positive psychology, resonate leadership, and effective instructional design.
My goal, whether teaching live or virtually, is to encourage and promote critical thinking, creative thinking, and practical thinking, across all subjects and themes.
The most requested topics include:
- Teaching self-regulation skills
- Teaching with intention during play and other daily routines
- Supporting the whole child within inclusive learning environments
- Implementing remedies for common K-readiness mistakes
- Engaging in authentic assessment in an age of accountability
- Backing children when they are struggling to learn
- Developing legally defensible and meaningful Pre-K IEPs
These active learning events are collaborative, conversational, and a great forum for relationship-building. During live events, we explore critical content, immerse in meaningful discussions, and spend time engaged in contemplative reflection.
- Keynotes – where we come together, feel supported, and are challenged to think differently
- Workshops – where we learn collaboratively and have multiple opportunities to connect ideas to our work
- Breakout sessions – where we begin to explore, discover, and create the foundation for future learning
Building off live events, these virtual experiences create extended learning opportunities for retention of key principles, exposure to additional models, and delivery of personalized feedback.
- Webinars – where I ensure additional support in both live and on-demand settings
- Cyber conversations – where we address everyday issues collaboratively, gain clarity, and deepen our practices
Once you’ve scheduled an event, you or a representative will need to complete a professional development and learning logistic planning form. Click HERE to access the form.