In this episode you’ll learn about my six reasons that pacing guides, and other means to standardized curriculum, doesn’t help young children thrive.
This episode is for you if…
- You’ve ever asked, “Why do we use pacing guides in Pre-K?”
- You’ve helped create a pacing guide and were left feeling less than satisfied.
- You want to ensure all children in your program have the same opportunities but don’t want undermine your teachers or standardize the process of early learning.
Click here to download the transcript for episode 31.
Big Ideas for Early Learning Glossary [link to shop]
Chapters about Big Ideas for older students [pdf]
Pre-K Teach and Play Podcasts
- Podcast 30: How to select and implement the “best” curriculum for inclusive Pre-K classrooms
- Podcast 29: Stop, Think, Act: Promoting Self-regulation In Young Children
- Podcast 26: Three Sequences for Designing and Delivering Meaningful Experiences
The Early Math Collaborative – Erikson Institute for more on the Big Ideas of Early Mathematics.